Bitcoin mining company Greenidge Generation is aiming to expand into Texas and purchase a location in South Carolina.
- The Nasdaq-listed company (NASDAQ: GREE) announced Thursday that it had reached an agreement to potentially build new data centers in Texas.
- It was also agreed to acquire the LSC Communications printing facility in South Carolina. Originally it was thought of leasing this area.
- The purchase price for the South Carolina location is $ 15 million. The sale is expected to close in early December, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- The company also agreed with a developer on six Texas locations as potential data center locations. The locations have an electrical output of 2,000 MW and some have access to wind and solar power generation.
- Greenidge also doubled its recent order for S19j Pro mining machines from Bitmain to 22,500 units. This brings the company’s total order with Bitmain to 29,000 miners, which are expected to be delivered by the third quarter of 2022.
Read more: Bitcoin Miner Greenidge Generation Sells $ 50 Million Bonds
UPDATE (OCTOBER 22, 11:10 UTC): heading rewritten to remove ambiguity; adds South Caroline’s purchase price, details of expansion in Texas.